Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Go Blue...

So we (Andrew, Justin, Matt and I) caught the Dodgers-Mets game on Monday night. All in all a very enjoyable experience - Dodgers won 5-1 starting with a lead off home run from Furcal. Blake DeWitt hit his first career home run (good for him), and then one of my favorite kids, Matt Kemp got in on the HR action too (that's Home Run, not Human Resources). And young Billingsley turned in a quality start for his second W of the year.

However, despite the baseball-related fun going on all around us, the topic of conversation kept returning to the Dodgers' inexplicable new practice of putting close-up pictures of players' eyes on screens mounted on the outfield fences. Here, check it out:

Tell me that's not more than a little creepy. That's Moises Alou in the foreground, who just got back following hernia surgery in the off-season. What if he were to get the odd sensation that someone was watching him from behind and turns around? He gets the sweet bejezus scared out of him and probably re-aggrevates his hernia, that's what.

Come to think of it, that may actually be what the Dodgers have in mind. A little psychological leverage for the home team - an attempt to get into the opponents' heads, if you will.

Let me tell you, the Dodgers are definitely inside my head right now. I've had nightmares the last two nights where angry giants are watching me try to do my job. Occasionally I'll wake up screaming "No! Don't hurt me, I'm so tiny!" It's really had a negative impact on the quality of my rest, leaving me somewhere in the borderlands between paranoid and delirious. I'm a little afraid that my own personal train to Insanityville just left Psychosis Station with scheduled stops in Delusionburg and Overextended-Metaphor-Junction. If I happen to go on a rampage of some sort and have to be taken out, I would like my widow to sue the Dodgers for sending me over the edge and use the money acquired to buy the naming rights to Dodger Stadium and rename it Adam Miller Is Awesome Park. Then I will have my revenge, even i
n death.

2 comments:

A&L King said...

I am still having nightmares about it too.

Robin said...

Holy cow...I think I just envisioned some scenes from Being Adam Miller.