Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's officially summer

So Los Pistoleros (my new team - translation anyone?) had its first softball game last night down at the Rose Bowl fields. We lost (25 to 18) but we had fun and displayed good sportsmanship and that's what's really important, right? Right? Ok, I'll level with you: losing sucks, but it was our first game together and I'm optimistic about our future. On a personal note I was a little disappointed with myself at the plate (I scored a couple of runs, but I popped out to short with runners at 2nd and 3rd on a pitch I should have taken down the line to prolong a small rally), but my defense at SS was solid, which usually takes a couple of games to come around - at least for me. I'm looking forward to a good season.

2 comments:

A&L King said...

Sorry about the lost. Was the heat too bad?

anonymous said...

It was late enough that it was pretty comfortable (7:40).

I think once the defense comes around we'll be all right.