Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cabo

Well, we're home now. I thought I'd take a few moments to share some of my experiences over the past week with you, my friends. And possibly you, my enemies, as well (not really sure who all reads this).

Some reflections: 1) The flyaway shuttle from Union Station to LAX is convenient and cheap - I recommend it. 2) No matter what you may read on the Internet, never - ever - take a public bus in Mexico unless you speak fluent Spanish and have at least a rudimentary understanding of the area. We had neither. Not worth it. 3) All the Pretty Horses was un muy excelente choice to read while in Mexico for the first time. 4) Don't write anything on your travelers checks until someone tells you what to write. No matter what they tell you at the bank when you buy them. 5) One enterprising young fellow offered to get me a taxi while I was waiting to cross the street with my wife. Then he offered me marijuana, cocaine, extacy, and/or hookers. Talk about your renaissance man, right? I know. I was impressed too.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures:

This is the beach near our hotel. The beach was so clean and the water so blue. I'm not used to that.

Here is Darcy in her fancy Cabo dress.

This is us with El Arco in the background - the farthest tip of Baja.

Here's me on the balcony.

Did I have a good time in Mexico? Perhaps the best indication is that the day after we arrived home (which would be yesterday) I began researching what it would take to put together a weekend trip to Rosarito or Ensenada by car. I guess I can't wait to get back.

2 comments:

Grete said...

I laughed out loud when you insinuated that your enemies might be reading about your Cabo trip!

anonymous said...

Just trying to be inclusive since you never know who's keeping tabs on you ;)