Friday, May 15, 2009

Another one for the good guys

Another series, that is. My Cavaliers finished off the Hawks with only slightly more difficulty than they had with the Pistons. As a Cleveland sports fan, this is really the only star in my constellation worth gazing at right now. (Did that metaphor work on any level? My guess is an emphatic no.)

This is because my Indians are off to a truly atrocious start (14-22, 4.5 games behind the Tigers at the time of this writing) and my Browns, by all accounts, are destined for another season of sub-mediocrity. This Cavs team is the best shot that we've had at a championship since 1997, and it's fair to say that my hopes are officially "up." In every other instance in my life where I've allowed this to happen my hopes have come crashing back down very soon thereafter. But this time it's going to be different ... I think ...

(to be continued)

2 comments:

david said...

maybe we'll be okay this year since i'm no longer blogging about cleveland sports.

anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm a little worried...