Friday, May 8, 2009

fun with numbers

According to a new survey released last week by the Pew Research Center and reported by CNN, the religious group in America most likely to support the use of torture is white Evangelicals. The group least likely to support torture is people unaffiliated with any religion.

Does anyone else find this as disturbing as I do? What is it about Jesus that makes people want to simulate drowning and slam peoples' heads against retractable walls provided they're wearing collars to prevent death? It's times like this I wish I wasn't an American Christian.

2 comments:

ben wideman said...

Just discovered your blog. Great stuff Adam! I'll add you to my blogroll.

Cafe Pasadena said...

I guess it means some people feel there are some things in life of such enormous value, or are worth fighting for - even if it means "torturing" to protect these.

Nice blog!