Friday, October 5, 2007

That's one for the good guys


The Empire was dealt quite a blow last night. I feel as though we took out a star destroyer or two. Fausto Carmona (5-0, 1.78 ERA in his last 5 starts) takes the mound tonight against Andy Pettitte (0-2, 7.94 career ERA at Jacobs Field in the playoffs). May the force be with him.

At Bible study last night (currently reading Velvet Elvis by Fuller grad Rob Bell - quite good through the first chapter) I had to field some questions about my hatred for the Yankees. For the record: I hate the Yankees more than the Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, and Cincinnati Bengals. I hate them more than the Chicago White Sox and the Detroit Tigers. I hate them more than the Denver Broncos and the Detroit Pistons. I hate them more than the University of Michigan's football and basketball programs combined. I hate them more than I hate the San Francisco Giants. I hate them more than I hate Barry Bonds (who I feel has become a scapegoat at the hand of the media for a variety of reasons - i.e. race, general surly demeanor with reporters - but mainly because he happens to be the one who broke the HR record. He is forced to pay the price for a whole era of tainted records simply because he broke the most prestigious one. But I still dislike him. Immensely. Doesn't mean he's not being treated unfairly, though.). I hate the Yankees more than I hate bee stings, bad customer service, and cold toilet seats. I could go on all day. Let me know if you have any more questions on the subject, I'll be more than happy to continue ;o)

-a


3 comments:

Robin said...

So, I sense you're not a fan. But why?

the kings said...

So, let me get this straight...you like the Yankees.

anonymous said...

I like the Yankees in the sense that they're my favorite team to hate. So yes. In a manner of speaking.