Thursday, June 26, 2008

Now for something completely different...

All right; enough with the manufactured media controversy (it's been a slow news week - unless, of course, you have the mental fortitude and steely determination required to look beyond the circus sideshow that passes for presidential campaign coverage in this country: N. Korean nukes, major Supreme Court rulings, unrest in Zimbabwe ... no I want to hear more about Michelle Obama on The View) and the rating-boost ploys of an evangelical "leader" with swiftly fading prominence (his people did, after all, announce to CNN what he would say on his program before it ever aired - you'd think if it was actually newsworthy he would have gone on and said it and let the networks cover it, right?). Seriously folks, if the average age of a Limbaugh listener is a vibrant 65, the average Dobson listener must be, like, an energetic 96.

It's time for a post about softball injuries. Check this one out:

I guess you can call me Schilling, since this came in toward the end of a heroic pitching effort last night. I mean, check out my bloody sock and then check out his bloody sock. Yeah. I've notified Cooperstown that they can have it for a display if they want it. Still waiting to hear back. I just hope they let me know before laundry day. My line in the glorious (15-6) victory: 7 IP, 5 ER, 6 BB, 1K. My ERA currently stands at a league leading 5.00. I helped my own cause a bit with an RBI double and a couple of runs scored. Quick shoutouts to Andrew who helped us out in a pinch and played solid D in the outfield and Darcy and Heather who cheered us on to victory. Nice work, everyone.

On second thought, nobody call me Schilling. Seriously.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Good job sweetheart! :) Your bloody sock is as valiant as it is gross.